Access Statement For Brecon Castle Hotel, Brecon
Brecon Castle Hotel is located in the historic heart of Brecon. The hotel is independent and has a long reputation for the warmth of our hospitality and personal attention. We want your visit to be an experience you recall with pleasure and we look forward to welcoming you to Brecon.
• For assistance prior to arrival please contact reservations on 01874 624 611
• The Castle Hotel in Brecon’s town centre, is ¾ mile from the A40 / A470 Junction of the town by-pass and only 35 minutes drive from the train stations at Abergavenny or Merthyr Tydfil which provides direct connections with London and Birmingham
• Taxis are readily available outside the train stations
• The town bus station is an easy 5 minutes walk from the hotel
• The centre of town is an easy 2-minutes walk from our door step
• We have a list of local equipment hirers that is available on request
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• The hotel has 35 parking spaces
• The front doors of the hotel can be opened wide to make entry and exit easy for infirm or disabled guests
• Assistance is provided wherever possible with parking and luggage
Main Entrance & Reception
• Once through the front doors the reception area is level with access to the bar, restaurant.
• The reception desk is located to your right as you enter the front hall
• The reception desk is 110cm high.
• On check in staff will brief you on our evacuation policy on request.
• The registration card can be enlarged if required
• The main restaurant is located along the short corridor beside the Reception
• The bar is located to the left (as you face it) of the reception desk
• There are no steps to the restaurant or bar
• The floor in the front hall is tiled and the floor of the restaurant and bar is wooden
Public Areas - General (Internal)
• There is an internal hotel phone on the reception desk that guests can use
• The main hotel is three floors high and access to the 28 bedrooms in this section is via a central staircase only.
Public Areas - WC
• There are separate modern toilet facilities provided for ladies and gents and a separate disabled toilet with baby-changing facilities
• Access to the toilets is level-entry along the corridor from the front hall along a tiled floor
• The floor surface in the toilets is tiled
• There is no color contrast with critical surfaces and the sanitary ware is white
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Lounge Areas
• The location of the toilets can be seen in the public areas WC section
• There is a bar situated on the ground floor to the left (as you look at it) of the reception desk
• It has a level entry and is open plan with even wooden flooring
• The bar counter is to the left upon entry
• Table service is offered throughout the dining areas.
• The tables are all of equal height and there is an option of easy access chairs or banquette seating
• Lighting is a combination of natural and electric light
• The restaurant is also located on the ground floor along the short corridor from the entry hall
• The restaurant provides table service throughout with assistance being available with the self service breakfast
• Lighting levels can be increased if required
• We cater for most dietary needs, although prior warning is advised.
• Laundry service and dry cleaning is offered
• Bags are available in the bedrooms and are collected from the bedrooms by 09.00 and returned by 17.00 (expect Sundays when there is no laundry or dry cleaning service). Please note that dry cleaning is sent out to a local company, times of return are subject to change.
• There is a small cabinet at the entrance to the bar which contains items for sale
• Items can be purchased through the reception desk
• None available
• The hotel boast a large garden facility with ample seating and can be utuilised subject to weather conditions.
Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting, Clubs, Entertainment
• We have 4 main conference rooms that are all accessed via level-entry from the front hall
• one of these rooms can be accessed via double doors
• Lighting is even but can be varied using dimmer switches
• Please notify conference organizers in advance if you will require any additional services e.g. special seating arrangements, staging, we do try to accommodate everyone’s needs wherever possible
• We have 29 rooms that are accessed via the central staircase. We have 2 bedrooms located on the ground floor in a wing of the main hotel which can be accessed without having to negotiate any steps. We have a further 8 bedrooms located in a separate annex building, Access to the 6 ground floor rooms is via a small step up followed by a turn to the right or left.
• We have a telephone, an audio alarm that is activated by the fire alarm and smoke alarms in every bedroom
• The bedrooms and bathrooms are generously proportioned but some provide more turning and transfer space than others
• We try as far as possible to allocate bedrooms based upon individual guest needs
• Emergency procedures are posted on the door to each bedroom and are explained upon check in for any disabled guests upon request.
• Every bedroom has television with remote control
• Flooring in bedrooms vary from carpeting to wooden flooring.
• Bedroom lighting can be switched on at the entrance to the room and also within the room
• There are bedside lights
• There is a direct dial telephone in most bedrooms
• We provide non-allergenic bedding as required, pre-booking is essential.
• All rooms are non-smoking in compliance with current legislation
• Furniture within the rooms can be moved.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC
• All bathrooms are fitted with non-slip floor tiles or wooden floors
• Bathroom lighting is very bright and all sanitary ware is mostly white.
• Available in our mews rooms, Room numbers 4,8,10,12. These rooms are sold on a room only basis, prices start from £152.50 per unit per night.
Caravans, Holiday Homes & Twin Units
• None available
Touring Facilities (Holiday Parks)
• None available
Boats - Narrow Boat, Cruiser & Hotel Boat
• None available
Attractions (Displays, exhibits, rides etc.)
• None available
Grounds and Gardens
• There is a South-facing dual-level Garden located in front of the hotel (on the other side of the hotel from the car park)
• There is level-access to the gardens available either from the bar area or via a large metal gate on the side of the hotel. Access leads onto a level brick path suitable for wheelchairs that leads around the hotel to the gardens and around to the lawn below. There are further gardens located below the castle and next to the river. Access to these gardens is via a very steep wooden ramp and a number of steep steps that may be unsuitable for infirm or wheelchair bound guests
• There are a number of benches and seats provided
• If you require any assistance during your stay please contact reception
• The Duty Manager can be contacted via reception
• We have a general evacuation procedure with specific procedures for infirm or disabled guests and this will be explained upon check in, upon reqest.
• All housekeeping staff have been trained and are aware of procedures to aid privacy in bedrooms
• There is excellent coverage for mobile phones throughout the hotel
• Wi-Fi is available throughout the lounge and reception areas. (Subject to coverage availability)
• We do have a number of rooms suitable for families or carers
• Address: Brecon Castle Hotel, Castle Square, Brecon, LD3 9DB
• Telephone: 01874 624 611
• Fax: 01874 623 737
• Email: email@example.com
• Website: www.breconcastle.co.uk
• Hours of operation: 24 hours, 364 days per year
• Emergency number: Reception Dial 0
• We are constantly refurbishing and up grading our public rooms and bedrooms
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please phone 01874 624 611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org